Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade the topic of energy and environment has been ack- edged among many people as a critical issue to be solved in 21st century since the Kyoto Protocol came into e?ect in 1997. Its political recognition was put forward especially at Heiligendamm in 2007, when the e?ect of carbon dioxide emission and its hazard in global climate were discussed and shared univ- sallyascommonkwledge.Controllingtheglobalwarmingintheecomical framework of massive development worldwide through this new century is a very challenging problem t only among political, ecomical, or social c- cles but also among techlogical or scienti?c communities. As long as the humans depend on the combustion of fossil for energy resources, the waste heat exhaustion and CO emission are inevitable. 2 In order to establish a new era of energy saving and environment benign society, which is supported by techlogies and with social consensus, it is important to seek for a framework where new clean energy system is inc- porated as infrastructure for industry and human activities. Such a society strongly needs invative techlogies of least CO emission and e?cient en- 2 ergy conversion and utilization from remaining fossil energies on the Earth. Energy recycling system utilizing natural renewable energies and their c- version to hydrogen may be the most desirable option of future clean energy society. Thus the society should strive to change its energy basis, from foss- consuming energy to clean and recycling energy.
- Author BiographyTatsuhiro Okada has a long research career in fuel cell researches especially in polymer electrolyte fuel cells. His main interest covers characterization of polymer electrolyte membranes, anode and cathode catalysts and development of new materials and systems. Especially novel type of catalysts based on organic complexes are his recent research targets. Masao Kaneko has been active in the research area of photoenergy conversion, artificial photosynthesis, photoelectrochemical cells, functional molecular and polymeric meta complexes, and electrocatalyses by functional molecule-coated electrodes. His recent research focuses on creation of sustainable energy from biomass under solar irradiation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Materials Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 111
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note278 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 26 black & white tables, biography
- Weight847 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMasao Kaneko,Tatsuhiro Okada
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.