All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith molecular imaging becoming one the fastest growing topics in medical schools, Informa Healthcare presents Molecular Imaging in Oncology, the first comprehensive reference on molecular imaging in oncology. Giving clinicians and researchers a greater understanding of the current field, this text covers: * instrumentation and techniques * cancer imaging * probe design * molecular genetic imaging * cellular processes * clinical translation Filled with over 500 images, of which more than 50 are in color, illustrating diagstic and therapeutic capabilities of molecular imaging in cancer, this text outlines all procedures for radiologists, radiology physicists, and radiation oncologists in a concise, single-source guide.
- Author BiographyMARTIN G. POMPER is Professor of Radiology, Director of the Small Animal Imaging Resource Program, and Associate Director of the In Vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. He received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry and M.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA. Dr. Pomper serves on the editorial boards of several publications and is currently Editor-in-Chief of Molecular Imaging. His research interests include the development of new probes and techniques for molecular imaging of cancer, focusing on radiopharmaceutical development and clinical translation. He is the immediate past president of the Molecular Imaging Center of Excellence of the SNM. JURI G. GELOVANI is Professor and Chairman, Department of Experimental Diagnostic Imaging and Director, Center for Advanced Biomedical Imaging Research (CABIR) at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA. He received his M.D. and Ph.D. in clinical Neurosurgery & Neuroimaging from the University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia. Prof. Gelovani is the pioneer of non-invasive molecular-genetic imaging using radiotracers. He is one of the co-founders of the field of modern molecular imaging. His research is dedicated to improving cancer detection and non-invasive molecular-genetic profiling, imaging-based selection of novel individualized anti-cancer therapies and monitoring their efficacy, including targeted small molecular and nanopartical based therapies, genetic and cellular therapies. He is leading the development of a premiere research program aimed at the discovery of novel and more specific chemical, genetic, and cellular tracers for imaging different tumor-specific targets, while continuing to mentor and teach graduate and postgraduate students. In 2008, Prof. Gelovani served as President of the Society for Molecular Imaging, which he had co-founded, and as the Organizer-in-Chief of the First Molecular Imaging Congress 2008.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInforma Healthcare
- Content Note129 black & white illustrations, 152 colour illustrations, 44 black & white tables, 118 black & white halftones
- Weight2336 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJuri G. Gelovani,Martin G. Pomper
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.