All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a growing understanding that the progress of the conventional silicon techlogy will reach its physical, engineering and ecomic limits in near future. This fact, however, does t mean that progress in computing will slow down. What will take us beyond the silicon era are new na-techlogies that are being pursued in university and corporate laboratories around the world. In particular, molecular switching devices and systems that will self-assemble through molecular recognition are being designed and studied. Many labora- tories are w testing new types of these and other reversible switches, as well as fabricating nawires needed to connect circuit elements together. But there are still significant opportunities and demand for invention and discovery be- fore naelectronics will become a reality. The actual mechanisms of transport through molecular quantum dots and nawires are of the highest current ex- perimental and theoretical interest. In particular, there is growing evidence that both electron-vibron interactions and electron-electron correlations are impor- tant. Further progress requires worldwide efforts of trans-disciplinary teams of physicists, quantum chemists, material and computer scientists, and engineers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/06/2004
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleNATO Science Series II
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 148
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note297 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight619 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlexandre S. Alexandrov,Igor K. Yanson,Jure Demsar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.