All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere can hardly be any doubt that radiation will continue to be an im- portant factor in our lives. Present and future advances in atomic tech- logy urgently require further work on research and development in the field of radiation biology if the maximum benefit is to be obtained at minimal risk from the various kinds of radiation that form a major by- product of nuclear processes. Consequently, it is also necessary to prepare students and younger scientists for doing such work. The present book originates from teaching experience gained in lectures, seminars, and discussion groups started by the undersigned in 1957 and more recently held together with Drs. Dertinger and Jung. The friendly comments given to the German edition made us feel that it might be worth- while to put the results of our efforts at the disposal of those to whom English is more familiar. In agreement with the view, based on well-kwn facts, that most if t aIl of the more striking practical achievements have resulted from patient and careful investigations into some basic problem, the book aims at introducing the reader to the methods of thought and experiment used in molecular radiation biology as weIl as to the results obtained thereby.
- Author(s)Hermann Dertinger,Horst Jung
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/07/1970
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleHeidelberg Science Library
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byR. P. O. Huber,P. A. Gresham
- Foreword byK. G. Zimmer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.