All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf all the liberation movements of the twentieth century, the one that succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams did t liberate a class or a gender or a race. It liberated an element: carbon. Today, the carbon liberation front threatens to crash the entire climate system. In Molecular Red, Wark looks for a way to understand, and perhaps even combat, this implacable force. He revisits the work of Alexander Bogdav - Lenin's rival - and the great proletkult writer and engineer Andrei Platov. In this reading, the Soviet experiment emerges from the past as an allegory for our time. Moving toward the present, Wark reads Donna Haraway's cyborg critique and science fiction writer Kim Stanley Robinson's Martian utopia as powerful resources for thinking about what the carbon liberation front has wrought.
- Author BiographyMcKenzie Wark is the author of A Hacker Manifesto, Gamer Theory, The Beach Beneath the Street, and The Spectacle of Disintegration. He teaches at the New School for Social Research and Eugene Lang College in New York City.
- Author(s)McKenzie Wark
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.