All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMakes connections between diseases, drugs and signaling in those chapters t specifically devoted to pathogens. Reviews background in first 5 chapters then offers chapters on cancers and apoptosis and on bacteria and viruses. Signaling in the immune, endocrine (hormonal) and nervous systems covered along with cancer, apoptosis and gene regulation. Each chapter ends with a problem section to facilitate discussion.
- Author BiographyMartin Beckerman, Ph.D. is Senior Scientist at the Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN. Prior to assuming his current position at the Y-12 NSC, Dr. Beckerman held teaching and research positions at the Weizmann Institute of Science, the University of Rochester, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Tennessee and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He has over 130 publications, 1400 citations, and is the author of a previously published book entitled Adaptive Cooperative Systems.
- Author(s)Martin Beckerman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBiological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note227 black & white illustrations, 77 black & white tables, biography
- Weight920 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.