All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionToxicology is the study of the adverse effects of chemical, physical, or biological agents on people, animals, and the environment. Toxicologists are trained to investigate, interpret, and communicate the nature of those effects. Over the last ten years the subject of toxicology has changed dramatically, moving from a discipline which was once firmly wedded to traditional methods to one which is keen to embrace the invative techniques emerging from the developing fields of cell culture and molecular biology. There is an acute need for this to be reflected in a paradigm shift which takes advantage of the opportunities offered by modern developments in the life sciences, including new in vitro and in silico approaches, alternative whole organism (n-mammalian) models and the exploitation of omics methods, high throughput screening (HTS) techniques and molecular imaging techlogies. This concise, accessible introduction to the field includes the very latest concepts and methodologies. It provides MSc, PhD and final year undergraduate students in pharmacy, biomedical and life sciences, as well as individuals starting out in the cosmetics, consumer products, pharmaceutical and testing industries, with everything they need to kw to get to grips with the fast moving field of toxicology and the current approaches used in the risk assessment of drugs and chemicals.
- Author BiographyDr Lesley Stanley is a toxicologist with over 20 years experience in assessing the effects of chemicals on human health. Her fi rst degree was in Biochemistry from the University of Oxford and she obtained her PhD from the University of Edinburgh. Since May 2005 she has been a freelance consultant in Investigative Toxicology, while her previous experience includes three years as Head of Operations at CXR Biosciences Ltd, Dundee, and six years lecturing in Biomedical Science at De Montfort University, Leicester, as well as spells at the MRC Toxicology Unit and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, North Carolina, USA. Dr Stanley was a member of the Committee on Toxicity from 2001- to 2007 and has been a member of the Hazardous Substances Advisory Committee (previously the Advisory Committee on Hazardous Substances) since 2007. She is also Deputy Chair of the Panel of the UK Register of Toxicologists.
- Author(s)Lesley Stanley
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight850 g
- Width174 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.