All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Moliere on Stage' takes the reader onstage, backstage and into the audience of Moliere's plays, analyzing the performance of his works in both his own time and in ours. Written by a professional stage director with over fifty years' experience directing and translating Moliere, this text explores how the playwright strove to create a communal experience of shared laughter, and investigates four key topics relating to this achievement: Moliere's early experiences that lead to his later theater experiences; his central great plays of love and lust; his comedic genius and his passion for the stage; and the final words and performances of his life.
- Author BiographyRobert W. Goldsby is a retired professor and chairman emeritus at the Department of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies, University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Robert W. Goldsby
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnthem Studies in Theatre and Performance
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note46+ illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Atlases
- AU $9.95Trending at AU $10.21
- AU $10.34Trending at AU $17.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.