All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCute alert! Embroidery basics and adorable projects from the editors of Mollie Makes.Embroidery has been experiencing a renaissance among sewists and DIY crafters and is becoming more and more popular among young crafters. This adorable new book from the team behind Mollie Makes is all one needs to learn how to embroider. Aimed at complete beginners, it's also perfect for those who have completed their first projects and are looking to move on.Basic embroidery stitches are clearly explained with step-by-step illustrations. Mollie Makes Embroidery covers how to work from charted designs as well as following freeform or doodle stitching. There are also brief tutorials on crewel work, ribbon embroidery, bargello, cross stitch, and even machine embroidery. This is far from fusty, old-fashioned samplers however. Over 15 contemporary projects from an international range of designers demonstrate the different ways in which embroidery stitches can be used. The book focuses on ideas for using needlework pieces around the home: pillows, table runners, ornaments, wall decor, etc., but also includes jewelry, bags, and gift ideas.
- Author BiographyMollie Makes fast became one of the hottest crafting magazines when it released its first issue in Spring 2011. Interweave is pleased to be working with the Mollie Makes brand and will continue to publish a series of branded books in the seasons to come.
- Author(s)Mollie Makes
- PublisherInterweave Press
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width226 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- slc65432124 Feb, 2016by
Thank you for your quick shipment!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.