Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chesapeake Miocene will always be considered a paleontological treasure. Given the richness and accessibility of the Maryland and Virginia Miocene shell beds, it seems remarkable that very few people have ever described new species from these strata over the past 185 years. Until w. Integrating elements from paleontology, geology, environmental science, and ecology, Molluscan Paleontology of the Chesapeake Miocene assembles previous research and the authors' experience into a syptic field guide. The most complete compendium of Miocene species created since 1904, this long-awaited resource lists nearly 500 species. It contains illustrations of 260 species, including more than 60 t found in any previous book and 26 newly discovered. It describes Chesapeake molluscan faunas in terms of local geology, paleoceagraphy, and marine paleobiology. Organized by stratigraphic geology, the book covers fossils of the Eastover, St Mary's, Choptank, and Calvert Formations. It illustrates 24 collecting sites and fossil exposures, showing details of in situ specimens, along with maps of 4 Miocene paleoseas and detailed stratigraphic columns for Maryland and rthern Virginia. The text is accompanied by a CD-ROM with color illustrations of the forty kwn species of ecphora shells. Armed with these, you should be able to identify the species found in the amazingly rich shell beds of the Chesapeake Bay area.
- Author BiographyAuthors Edward J. Petuch and Mardie Drolshagen are professors in the Department of Geosciences at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.
- Author(s)Edward J. Petuch,Mardie Drolshagen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2009
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.