All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $48.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- DescriptionMolly the pony waits. She waits in her stall. She waits during the storm. She waits for her owner to return.So begins the true story of a patient pony who is rescued from a south Louisiana barn after Hurricane Katrina and finds a new life on a farm with new animal friends. But Molly's tale of courage does t end here.When a dog on the farm attacks Molly, her front leg is badly injured. For a pony, a damaged leg is life threatening. To the amazement of veterinarians, though, Molly rises to her new challenge. She undergoes a rare surgery for horses: amputation of her front leg. Now fitted with a prosthetic limb, Molly relearns how to walk and embarks again on a new mission in life: making new people friends.This plucky pony's story of survival and friendship will win the hearts of readers young and old. All who have had to start over after displacement, abandonment, injury, or amputation will find a friend in Molly as they follow her story of bringing a smile to everyone she meets.
- Author BiographyPam Kaster is the author of Zydeco Goes to Horse Camp, an editor of the Equine Facilitated Mental Health Association newsletter, and a member of Equine Photographers Network. She managed an equestrian riding program for disabled riders for three years and continues to study natural horsemanship techniques. She has been a Red Cross disaster-preparedness volunteer for twenty years and managed a Red Cross shelter during Hurricane Katrina. She lives in Zachary, Louisiana, with her husband, three horses, three dogs, and a cat.
- Author(s)Pam Kaster
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, printed music items
- Weight472 g
- Width250 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.