Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER The story of Maya Angelou s extraordinary life has been chronicled in her multiple bestselling autobiographies. But w, at last, the legendary author shares the deepest personal story of her life: her relationship with her mother. For the first time, Angelou reveals the triumphs and struggles of being the daughter of Vivian Baxter, an indomitable spirit whose petite size belied her larger-than-life presence a presence absent during much of Angelou s early life. When her marriage began to crumble, Vivian famously sent three-year-old Maya and her older brother away from their California home to live with their grandmother in Stamps, Arkansas. The subsequent feelings of abandonment stayed with Angelou for years, but their reunion, a decade later, began a story that has never before been told. In Mom & Me & Mom, Angelou dramatizes her years reconciling with the mother she preferred to simply call Lady, revealing the profound moments that shifted the balance of love and respect between them. Delving into one of her life s most rich, rewarding, and fraught relationships, Mom & Me & Mom explores the healing and love that evolved between the two women over the course of their lives, the love that fostered Maya Angelou s rise from immeasurable depths to reach impossible heights. Praise for Mom & Me & Mom Mom & Me & Mom is delivered with Angelou s trademark good humor and fierce optimism. If any resentments linger between these lines, if lives are partially revealed without all the bitter details exposed, well, that is part of Angelou s forgiving design. As an account of reconciliation, this little book is just revealing eugh, and pretty irresistible. The Washington Post Moving . . . a remarkable portrait of two courageous souls. People [The] latest, and most potent, of her serial autobiographies . . . [a] tough-minded, tenderhearted addition to Angelou s spectacular can. Elle Mesmerizing . . . Angelou has a way with words that can still dazzle us, and with her mother as a subject, Angelou has a near-perfect muse and mystery woman. Essence True to her style, [Angelou s] writing cuts to the chase with compression and simplicity, and there in the background is a calypso smoothness, flurries and showers of musicality between the moments of wickedness. . . . A tightly strung, finely tuned memoir about life with her mother. Kirkus Reviews In this loving recollection of a complicated relationship, Angelou for the first time details the mother-daughter journey to reconciliation and unwavering connection and support. . . . Angelou vividly portrays a spirited woman. . . . [A] remarkable and deeply revealing chronicle of love and healing. Booklist Written with her customary eloquence . . . follows in the episodic style of Angelou s earlier volumes of autobiography, pulling the reader along effortlessly. The lessons and the love presented here will speak to those trying to make their way in the world. Publishers Weekly In straightforward style, Mom & Me & Mom dives deeply into Angelou s complicated relationship with her mother. . . . At 84, Angelou shows few signs of slowing down. BookPage
- Author BiographyMaya Angelou was raised in Stamps, Arkansas. In addition to her bestselling autobiographies, including I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings and The Heart of a Woman, she wrote numerous volumes of poetry, among them Phenomenal Woman, And Still I Rise, On the Pulse of Morning, and Mother. Maya Angelou died in 2014.
- Author(s)Maya Angelou
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.