All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA riveting tour through the ages to the moments where the future course of civilization hung in the balance, as two top military historians make the case for the twenty most crucial battles of all time-a must read for armchair generals and all lovers of history. Despite the prevalence of war and conflict throughout history, only a small fraction of these clashes have truly transformed the world. While major wars often leave echoes that resound for centuries, they typically still remain within a predictable pattern of events. But sometimes a war is fought that t only profoundly impacts its own age but also definitively shifts the course of human history. These wars stand at crossroads of historical epochs, where thing afterward is as it was before. And many of these wars, which have been crucial to the development of the modern world, possessed a common element: at some point during the conflict there was a crisis point, one pivotal battle, or a few moments within a battle, where the future decisively turned.
- Author BiographyJIM LACEY teaches at Johns Hopkins University and has written studies about the Iraq War and other topics for the Institute for Defense Analyses. He has written for Time, National Review, and Foreign Affairs, among other publications.
- Author(s)Jim Lacey
- PublisherPresidio Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPresidio Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight821 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.