All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionAlternating between the loveable irrascibility and self-mocking humor reminiscent of the poet Cold Mountain (Han Shan), Budbill's poems view the modern world from the viewpoint of a New England hermit-scholar. Remarkable for their generous spirit, accessibility and biting criticism, these poems present a poet of strong mind and voice. Budbill both informs and moves. He is, in short, a delight and a comfort. - Wendell Berry Budbill writes out of the real, contemporary, New England, t from the past, t from the cellar holes. He speaks from the New England which is Appalachia - poverty, exploitation, and good people. -Donald HallDavid Budbill is the author of numerous books of poetry, ?ction, and drama, and is an occasional commentator on NPR's All Things Considered. With bassist William Parker, Budbill performs a duet collaboration entitled Zen Mountains / Zen Streets. He lives in rural Vermont.
- Author BiographyFor the past thirty-five years, David Budbill has lived on a remote mountain in northern Vermont. His awards include fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and National Endowment for the Arts, as well as a lifetime achievement award from the Vermont Arts Council. A former commentator on NPR's All Things Considered, his poetry is featured frequently on Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac.
- Author(s)United States
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.