All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of Nancy Dean s best newspaper columns, all drawn from moments in time in her life, gives readers insights into human nature as well as plenty of reasons to smile. Join her at skating rinks, gas stations, calf scrambles, soccer games, yard sales, gardens, and on bike treks. Lose yourself in the emotions her stories elicitexcitement, fear, sadness, humor, love, euphoria, and more. Discover what to do when surrounded by a herd of burly cows that wonder why you are collecting their manure. Or how to keep your cool when fire ants are swarming up your bare legs as you try to stealthily remove a coveted plant near their anthill. Some of the events that inspired her essays were triviala baby tufted titmouse landing on her windowsill. Some were momentousthe unexpected death of her cat. Some provided a flash of understandingwhy it feels good to grow a simple sunflower. Readers will be both entertained and enlightened by the essays, whether lighthearted or dead serious, in Moments in Time.
- Author BiographyNancy Dean has three passionswriting, gardening, and the Great Outdoors. She made a career of writing, settling into a staff writer s position at her city s community newspaper after her sons were in school. The many feature stories she wrote about nature-related topics earned her the W. Kelly Mosley Environmental Award for Achievements in Forestry, Wildlife and Related Resources. She loves to explore the natural world, whether gardening or traveling. Her first book, Never Enough Time, relates her adventures exploring national parks and wildernesses. The author graduated summa cum laude from Cleveland State University with a major in English. She and her husband enjoy retirement living in a small historic town in Kentucky.
- Author(s)Nancy Dean
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight218 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.49
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.40
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.