Mommie: Three Generations of Women by Sara Rosen, Arlene Gottfried (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA small dimly lit apartment with chipped paint and damaged tiles provides the backdrop to this remarkable family history. From inside her humble home, photographer Arlene Gottfried has documented the three women in her family in a project spanning decades. Sickness, need, love, and the absence of the only male in the family (who died when Gottfried was still young) make Mommie a breath-taking tribute to the passage of time.
- Author BiographyArlene Gottfried, born in Brooklyn, graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, and worked as a photographer at an ad agency before freelancing for top publications, including The New York Times Magazine, Fortune, Life, and The Independent in London. Gottfried has exhibited at the Leica Gallery in New York and in Tokyo, and at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., among others. Her photographs can be found in the collections of the Brooklyn Museum of Art, The New York Public Library, and the Maison Europeenne de la Photographie in Paris. She is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Berenice Abbott International Competition of Women's Documentary Photography. Gottfried is the author of Bacalaitos & Fireworks (powerHouse Books, 2011), Sometimes Overwhelming (powerHouse Books, 2008), Midnight (powerHouse Books, 2003) and The Eternal Light (Dewi Lewis Publishing, 1999). A lecturer and a teacher, Gottfried lives and works in New York City. A third-generation New Yorker, Sara Rosenis a publisher, editor, writer, curator, publicist, and brand strategist. Under her imprint, Miss Rosen Editions, she has published fifteen books with authors including Boogie, Martha Cooper, Danielle Levitt, Ricky Powell, and Charlie Ahearn, among others. Her career highlights include the Vandal Squad panel discussion at the powerHouse Arena, Brooklyn (2009); We B*Girlz: A 25th Anniversary Breakin' Event at Lincoln Center Out of Doors (2006); the graffiti episode of NBC's The Apprentice (2005); and the Hilhaven Lodge party at Robert Evans' Beverly Hills estate (2003).
- Author(s)Arlene Gottfried,Sara Rosen
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note100
- Weight1001 g
- Width171 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.