All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten specifically for children ages 4-8, this brightly illustrated book candidly tackles the confusion and fear children face when a parent enters treatment. With vibrant illustrations by Mike Motz and a parent guide page included, parents w have a helpful tool that will ease children's apprehension when someone they love must confront reality Addiction is a devastating disease t only to the person who suffers from it, but also to family members. It's hard eugh to explain to an adult how addiction can affect an individual-just imagine what a child must think when a parent suddenly goes from a loving and nurturing mother to a screaming stranger. This book is about Janey and how she learns about her mother's disease. Written in easy-to-understand language with brightly colored illustrations, Mommy's Gone to Treatment addresses some of the issues children face when a parent seeks help.
- Author BiographyDenise D. Crosson: Denise D. Crosson, Ph.D. has been a nurse for twenty-five years, a nurse practitioner for nine years, and a nurse researcher for five years. Her first job working with children was in high school as a lifeguard and swim instructor at the YMCA. Throughout her nursing career Crosson has worked with children and their families in hospital, home, hospice, and community-based settings. She earned a masters and doctoral degree from Virginia Commonwealth University where she was a fellow in the VA-LEND neurodevelopmental disabilities training program, which focused on children and families. Her dissertation research focused on short- and long-term effects of preterm birth on childhood development. Mike Motz is an award-winning illustrator of over twenty-five children's books.
- Author(s)Denise D. Crosson
- PublisherCentral Recovery Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLas Vegas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentral Recovery Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width204 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.