All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe highly anticipated complement to the New York Times bestselling Momofuku cookbook, Momofuku Milk Bar reveals the recipes for the invative, addictive cookies, pies, cakes, ice creams, and more from the wildly popular bakery. A runaway success, the Momofuku cookbook suffered from just one criticism among reviewers and fans: where were Christina Tosi s fantastic desserts? The compost cookie, a chunky chocolate-chip cookie studded with crunchy salty pretzels and coffee grounds; the crack pie, a sugary-buttery confection as craveable as the name implies; the cereal milk ice cream, made from everyone s favorite part of a nutritious breakfast the milk at the bottom of a bowl of cereal; the easy layer cakes that forgo fancy frosting in favor of unfinished edges that hint at the yumminess inside.Momofuku Milk Bar finally shares the recipes for these w-legendary riffs on childhood flavors and down-home classics all essentially derived from ten mother recipes along with the compelling narrative of the unlikely beginnings of this quirky bakery s success. It all started one day when Momofuku founder David Chang asked Christina to make a dessert for dinner that night. Just like that, the pastry program at Momofuku began, and Christina s playful desserts helped the restaurants earn praise from the New York Times and the Michelin Guide and led to the opening of Milk Bar, which w draws fans from around the country and the world. With all the recipes for the bakery s most beloved desserts along with ones for savory baked goods that take a page from Chang s Asian-flavored cuisine, such as Kimchi Croissants with Blue Cheese and 100 color photographs, Momofuku Milk Bar makes baking irresistible off-beat treats at home both foolproof and fun.
- Author BiographyCHRISTINA TOSIis the chef, owner, and founder of Milk Bar, sister bakery of the Momofuku restaurant group, with locations in New York City, Toronto, and soon Washington, D.C.She is the 2012 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Chef Award, a finalist for the 2014 James Beard Outstanding Pastry Chef Award, anda judgeon Fox sMasterChefandMasterChef Junior.
- Author(s)Christina Tosi
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1075 g
- Width210 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Foreword byDavid Chang
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.