All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at Eastern and Western monasticism's continuous and intensive interactions with society in Eastern Europe, Russia and the Former Soviet Republics. It discusses the role monastics played in fostering national identities, as well as the potentiality of monasteries and religious orders to be vehicles of ecumenism and inter-religious dialogue within and beyond national boundaries. Using a country-specific analysis, the book highlights the monastic tradition and monastic establishments. It addresses gaps in the academic study of religion in Eastern European and Russian historiography and looks at the role of monasticism as a cultural and national identity forming determinant in the region.
- Author BiographyInes Angeli Murzaku is Professor of Ecclesiastical History and Founding Chair of the Department of Catholic Studies, Seton Hall University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Religion, Society and Government in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet States
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byInes Angeli Murzaku
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.