All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Mondo Na Colin Milburn takes his readers on a playful expedition through the emerging landscape of natechlogy, offering a light-hearted yet critical account of our high-tech world of fun and games. This expedition ventures into discussions of the first nacars, the popular video games Second Life, Crysis, and BioShock, international nasoccer tournaments, and utopian na cities. Along the way, Milburn shows how the methods, dispositions, and goals of natechlogy research converge with video game culture. With an emphasis on play, scientists and gamers alike are building a new world atom by atom, transforming scientific speculations and video game fantasies into reality. Milburn suggests that the closing of the gap between bits and atoms entices scientists, geeks, and gamers to dream of a completely programmable future. Welcome to the wild world of Mondo Na.
- Author BiographyColin Milburn is Gary Snyder Chair in Science and the Humanities and Professor of English, Science and Technology Studies, and Cinema and Technocultural Studies at the University of California, Davis. He is the author of Nanovision: Engineering the Future, also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)Colin Milburn
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication06/04/2015
- SubjectComputer Games: User Guides
- Series TitleExperimental Futures
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note131 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.