All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMonet devoted the last twenty-five years of his life to painting the water lilies that floated on the pond of his garden in Giverny. In capturing the reflections on the mirror-like water and the subtle interplay of light, the artist's genius went beyond painting, committing to his canvas the otherwise ephemeral. The Water Lilies brought together in this volume are mirrors of time that influenced the greatest painters of modern times. A catalogue raisonne of the 251 Water Lilies kwn to exist, this work includes essays by art historians Jean-Dominique Rey and the late Denis Rouart, paramic photographs of the Orangerie murals in Paris, period photographs of Giverny by Henri Cartier-Bresson, and rare archival documents.
- Author BiographyJean-Dominique Rey, art historian and specialist on Impressionism, contributed to numerous books including Berthe Morisot (Flammarion, 2010). The late Denis Rouart, art historian and Renoir specialist, was head curator of cultural heritage and former director of the Musee des Beaux-Arts in Nancy.
- Author(s)Denis Rouart,Jean Dominique Rey
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Weight1140 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.