All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDuring his career, French artist Claude Monet (1840--1926) used the Seine as his testing ground for documenting on canvas the transformative effects of light and atmosphere. He produced many ethereal, evocative, and poetic paintings of the meandering river, which remained his favorite subject and also provided solace throughout his life. This beautiful book brings together fifty of Monet's most glorious paintings of the Seine, from the early works focusing on Argenteuil, Le Havre, and Paris, to the works on Lavacourt and Vetheuil, and culminating with the stunningly beautiful works that make up the acclaimed series Mornings on the Seine, which depicts an intimate stretch of the river near Giverny. These paintings t only offer special glimpses into Monet's creative process but also introduce the concept of the series--a concept that would influence the art of future generations. Monet and the Seine features gorgeously reproduced images and engaging essays by four distinguished scholars.
- Author BiographyHelga Aurisch is curator, European paintings and sculpture, at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Tanya Paul is the Isabel and Alfred Bader Curator of European Art at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Author(s)Helga Aurisch,Tanya Paul
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleMuseum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Out-of-print date27/05/2016
- Content Note84 colour images + 20 b/w illustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width241 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.