Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionCommenting on the quality of the contributors when opening the conference on which these books are based, the former Goverr of the Bank of England, Sir Edward George, said 'I cant remember ever before having had such a galaxy of academic ecomist and central banking superstars gathered together under one roof! Monetary History, Exchange Rates and Financial Markets is an impressive collection of original papers in hour of Charles Goodhart's outstanding contribution to monetary ecomics and policy. Its contributors - eminent international academics, central bankers and financial market regulators - provide an insight into an extensive set of issues including: * the role of the history of ecomic thought in modern macroecomics * Charles Goodhart's contribution to British monetary history * lessons from the history of financial crises * customer trades and extreme events in foreign exchange markets * trading activity, volatility and liquidity in foreign exchange markets * competition, stability and financial regulation. Charles Goodhart has written extensively on many of these topics and has become synymous with his field; the chapters within this book offer a summary of current thinking on his own research subjects and include perspectives on controversies surrounding them. Integrating clarity of ecomic thinking with the practicalities of policy, this arresting book will be invaluable to ecomists, central bankers and students of monetary ecomics. The companion volume examines central banking, monetary theory and practice.
- Author BiographyEdited by Paul Mizen, Professor of Monetary Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham, UK
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2004
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteFig.tabs.
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byPaul Mizen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.