All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis sumptuously illustrated book, which accompanies the opening of the new Musee des impressionnismes in Giverny, and its inaugural exhibition, celebrates Monet's extraordinary paintings of his garden in Giverny and focuses on this essential phase of the artist's career. Water lilies, ponds, a Japanese footbridge, and blankets of glorious flowers: thing evokes Claude Monet's Impressionist paintings quite like these images from his garden at Giverny in rthern France. After moving to Giverny in 1883, Claude Monet (1840-1926) discovered a profound source of artistic renewal in his garden, a motif he would paint for the rest of his life. Published to accompany the opening of the new Musee des impressionnismes in Giverny, this gloriously illustrated book celebrates these beloved works and the landscape that inspired them. Monet's Garden in Giverny showcases Monet's paintings of his garden side by side with photographs of the artist in the garden. With 30 paintings, 30 photographs, numerous archival documents, a detailed chrology, and commentary by leading specialists in the field, this gorgeous volume is an essential addition to any art lover's library.
- Author BiographyMarina Ferretti Bocquillon is an art historian specialized in Impressionism and post-Impressionism, and is the curator of the Musee des impressionnissmes of Giverny. She has curated several international exhibitions including Signac (Grand Palais, Paris, Vincent van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, Metropolitan Museum of New York, 2001) and From Seurat to Paul Klee (Musee d'Orsay, 2005). Francoise Heilbrun is chief curator of the Musee d'Orsay and created the museum's photographic collection. She has published extensively on photography and is the author of five books in the Photography at the Musee d'Orsay series published by 5 Continents: Towards Photojournalism (2007), Maurice Denis (2007), Alfred Stieglitz (2005), Figures and Portraits (2006), Landscape and Nature (2006). Gabrielle van Zuylen was born in France and studied in the United States. She is a garden historian and author of numerous books on gardens including The Gardens of Russell Page (1991), which was named the best garden book by The Garden Writers Association of America.
- Author(s)Francoise Heilbrun,Gabrielle Van Zuylen,Marina Ferretti Bocquillon
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Content Note131 colour illustrations
- Weight1200 g
- Width240 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.