All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis report looks at the role of finances in decisions about early moves out of work, and the effect of such moves on future finances. The report draws on in-depth interviews with people who make an early move towards retirement. It makes a distinctive contribution to understanding their experiences, by looking at the importance of money alongside other influences, including health and domestic circumstances. Money, choice and control: * sheds light on the relative importance of financial incentives in shaping retirement behaviour; * draws on individual life stories to paint a detailed picture of the diverse perspectives of people making early transitions to retirement; * explores people's motivations, circumstances and experiences, identifying underlying rationales and explanations for behaviour; * feeds into key current policy debates around the future of pensions, and the employment of older and disabled workers. Transitions after 50 series People are living longer, yet increasingly are leaving working life well before the state retirement age. The Joseph Rowntree Fountain programme, Transitions after 50, explores people's experiences, decisions and constraints as they pass from active labour market participation in their middle years towards a new identity in later life. Reports in this series look in particular at issues about work, income and activities beyond work during this period of transition. For other titles in this series, please follow the series link from the main catalogue page.
- Author BiographySue Arthur is a Research Director in the Qualitative Research Unit at the National Centre for Social Research, Britain's largest independent social research institute. She is responsible for the conduct of qualitative studies in a range of social policy areas, and has a particular research interest in family finances.
- Author(s)Dawn Snape,Sue Arthur
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTransitions After 50 Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.