All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionMoney Logging investigates what Gordon Brown has called probably the biggest environmental crime of our times - the massive destruction of the Borneo rainforest by Malaysian loggers. Historian and campaigner Lukas Straumann goes in search t only of the lost forests and the people who used to call them home, but also the network of criminals who have earned billions through illegal timber sales and corruption. Straumann singles out Abdul Taib Mahmud, current goverr of the Malay--sian state of Sarawak, as the kingpin of this Asian timber mafia. Taib's family - with the complicity of global financial institutions - have profited to the tune of 15 billion US dollars. Money Logging is a story of a people who have lost their ancient paradise to a wasteland of oil palm plantations, pollution, and corruption - and how they hope to take it back.
- Author(s)Lukas Straumann
- PublisherBergli Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBergli Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrated
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.