All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssembled in hour of John H. A. Munro (University of Toronto), the volume groups nineteen original studies by a diversified panel of scholars. The essays explore late medieval market mechanisms and associated institutional, fiscal and monetary, organizational, decision-making, legal and ethical issues, as well as various aspects of production, consumption and market integration. The geographical scope stretches from North-Western and Central Europe to North and West Africa, and the individual contributions deal with a variety of local, regional, and long-distance markets and networks. The mix of approaches, cutting-edge archival research, and presentations of current projects addresses the interests of scholars in diverse fields, from ecomic to social and institutional history. The volume offers a full bibliography of John H. A. Munro's works.
- Author BiographyLawrin Armstrong (Ph.D., University of Toronto, 1996) is Associate Professor of Medieval Studies and Associate Director of the Centre for Medieval Studies, University of Toronto. His research focuses on the relationship between economics and law in late medieval and Renaissance Italy. Ivana Elbl (Ph.D., University of Toronto, 1986) is Associate Professor of History, Trent University, and Chief Editor of the Portuguese Studies Review. Her research focuses on societal dynamics of the late medieval Portugal and the early Portuguese overseas expansion. Martin Elbl (M.A, University of Toronto, 1981) is adjunct member of the Department of History, Trent University, and Associate Editor of the Portuguese Studies Review. His research and publications focus on late medieval Italian and Iberian relations with North Africa.
- Date of Publication31/12/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1012 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Volume editorIvana Elbl,Lawrin Armstrong,Martin M. Elbl
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.