All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPost Keynesian analyses of monetary production have t given much attention to households as institutions, while a good deal of the literature in feminist ecomics discusses households in a strictly microecomic context, with little consideration of monetary phemena. This book, a unique study of the capitalist ecomy, utilizes a distinctive combination of Post Keynesian, institutional, and gender analysis to examine household ecomics in capitalist society in order to flesh out the gaps in each. The author poses questions that cut across rigidly determined areas of inquiry, such as gender and money, and micro- and macroecomic analysis. She grounds the discussion of households and their social and financial relations within a monetary theory of production, and provides many methodological, theoretical, and policy formulation insights to establish a framework that illuminates current problems of household debt.
- Author BiographyZdravka Todorova, Assistant Professor of Economics, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, US. In 2007 Todorova received the international prize commemorating the 150th anniversary of Thorstein Veblen's birth, awarded jointly by the European Association for Political Economy and the Association for Evolutionary Economics.
- Author(s)Zdravka Todorova
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height138 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.