All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Money and Tough Love Liaquat Ahamed offers brilliant insight into the heart of one the world s most influential institutions. At turns factual and informative, and others emotive and anecdotal, Ahamed joins in on the IMF s world missions to Washington, Tokyo, and Dublin in true James Bond meets The Financial Times style. Pulitzer prize-winning author and pre-eminent financial thinker, Ahamed reveals the human stories behind the headlines, ranging from chatting about the state of the ecomy to Irish cab drivers, to Dior with ne other than the IMF's Christine Lagarde.
- Author BiographyLiaquat Ahamed is the author of the Pulitzer prize-winning best seller Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World, which exposed the personal stories of the bankers at the heart of the 1929 Wall Street Crash. He is on the board of trustees of the prominent US think tanks Brookings Institution and the New America Foundation. He has been a professional investment manager for 25 years. Eli Reed is an award-winning Magnum photographer and documentary maker, best known for his work in documenting everyday life in war-torn Beirut and US military action in Panama, as well as long-term work with black communities in the US.
- Author(s)Liaquat Ahamed
- PublisherVisual Editions Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVisual Editions Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Eli Reed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.