All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionCasey Jones is a take--prisoners female PI who wouldn't be caught dead whining over a lousy boyfriend or asking for help. She's too busy lifting weights, running off at the mouth and making doughnut runs for her overstuffed business partner, the larger-than-life Bobby D., a 360 pound Lothario whose little black book is almost as big as his appetite. With a stretch in a Florida pen behind her and official PI license, Casey comes from thing and has thing to lose. She lives full speed ahead with a healthy respect for the screw ups of others. Only this time, it's Casey who has stepped in it. When a favorite client gets killed on her watch, Casey vows to find the killer matter what the cost, either personally or professionally. When the trail leads her into the rarefied ranks of North Carolina's social elite, Casey's dirt poor childhood comes rushing back in a wave of self-doubt that adds fire to her considerable fury. She fights to regain her self-confidence and expose an incendiary killer out to destroy more than her name. Casey moves from farmland to the mountains, from debutante balls to drag bars, from boardrooms to bedrooms-- and even down the prickly path of lust at first sight--as she battles unkwn enemies anxious to see her, quite literally, to go up in flames. From Publishers Weekly: Raleigh, N.C., gumshoe, 160-pound Casey Jones (first introduced in Legwork) has more than her usual hassles. Her current beau, a cop, is berating her for agreeing to look for evidence that could overturn a woman's death sentence. The woman supposedly killed her husband, ather cop. Not only does Casey run smack into several police departments who won't help her, but someone tries to kill her. And whenever she seems close to getting a break on the case, she turns up near a dead body and the police are certain she's involved. All the while, Casey tries to fortify herself with doughnuts, fried chicken and just about anything else, at least until she can sort out her case and her love life. Casey's size and tough manner belie her Southern roots; in fact, she wants a man to wait on her and woo her but only on her terms. ( I've kept telling him that he's going to have to kiss my .45 caliber ass for the next twenty years in order to atone. ) The atmosphere is thick with greasy foods and pervasive corruption, but Casey makes this is a delightfully funny read, perfect for a rainy afteron or long train ride.
- Author BiographyKaty Munger is the author of fourteen novels, all published by major traditional publishers, writing under her real name as well as her pseudonyms, Chaz McGee and Gallagher Gray. She was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, raised in North Carolina, lived for a number of years in New York City and now calls North Carolina home. She is a former book reviewer for The Washington Post, a co-founder of Thalia Press and an original author of Thalia Press Author's Co-op, which seeks to connect established writers with new e-book audiences. All of her work is also available in e-book format. You can learn more about the author and her work at www.katymunger.com.
- Author(s)Katy Munger
- Date of Publication10/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.