All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo...how do you go to the toilet on a great sailing warship? Worse - what do you do when your breeches are about your ankles, your naked nether regions are hanging out over the dark frothing ocean 20 feet below - and you're cornered by a hideous phantom, hell-bent on revenge? Young Jimmy has a problem - , it's t the crazy men in his gun crew, the older bully boys, awful amputations, exploding diarrhoea, or the food that would make a landlubber ill. Jimmy's problem is that he can see the dead. And they scare the flapping halibut out of him! Worse still, the ship is headed for bloodcurdling battle where the dead will be thick as flies - maybe even as thick as some of Jimmy's crew mates. As the odds pile against him, can Jimmy turn his secret curse into a powerful ally?
- Author BiographyDonovan Bixley is a talented artist and designer with a range of styles. He was the illustrator of The Three Bears (Sort of), Phoebe and the Night Creatures, Wacko Kakapo, The Tuatara and the Skink, and A Right Royal Christmas. Perhaps best known for the very popular Dinosaur Rescue series of junior novels, into which Donovan injected a ton of hilarity in the illustrations. His work is bright and energetic with a terrific sense of humour. Donovan lives in Taupo with his family. This is the first novel he has written and illustrated.
- PrizesWinner of New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults: Junior Fiction 2015. Shortlisted for LIANZA Children's Book Awards: Esther Glen Medal for Junior Fiction 2015 and PANZ Book Design Awards: Best Children's Book 2015.
- Author(s)Donovan Bixley
- PublisherScholastic New Zealand Limited
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintScholastic New Zealand
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Illustrator(s)Donovan Bixley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.