All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionMonkey Business: A History of Nonhuman Primate Rights examines the diverse issues involved with accepting mankind's closest relative into its ever-expanding circle of ethical consideration. Apes, monkeys, and other nhuman primates have a dual role in modern society. They are revered for their intelligence, uncanny mimicry, and biological relation to humans, yet are often forced to spend entire lifetimes as unwilling participants in the research, entertainment, and pet industries. Media coverage of topics like primate pet attacks and exotic animal legislative changes have been steadily increasing. The treatment of nhuman primates is evolving as techlogy improves the way research is conducted, exotic animal legislation becomes increasingly restrictive, and public outcries arise in response to advertisements using ape actors. Judicial systems throughout the world are granting nhuman primates new legal protections, and the inherent rights of various primate species are being explored more than ever before. In response to this topic of increasing relevance, Monkey Business: A History of Nonhuman Primate Rights is the first objective, comprehensive book to document the state of nhuman primates in modern culture.
- Author BiographyErika Fleury fell in love with primatology while completing her English degree at University of Delaware. After much involvement with primate sanctuaries, she decided to write about the protections of nonhuman primates because she feels that by documenting information related to their welfare, she can best contribute to their future well-being. Erika lives in the northwest hills of Connecticut with her husband, daughter, and tiny dog.
- Author(s)Erika Fleury
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.