All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lively picture book that examines the issue of t listening in an amusing but reassuring way through animal characters - perfect for young children who forget to listen. The story offers a gentle way in to reinforce this good behaviour. At the end of the story there are tes for parents and teachers with suggestions of ways to help children deal with anger. Monkey is so excited about a go-kart race that he doesn't listen to any of the instructions. He doesn't stop to check his kart and he nearly ruins the race for all the animals. Can Monkey learn to listen and pay attention or will the race be abandoned for good? It is part of a series Behaviour Matters, which is perfect for sharing with children as a gentle means of discussing their emotions, boosting self-esteem and reinforcing good behaviour. Each book has a fun story featuring fantastic characters which is backed up by suggestions for activities and ideas to talk through together. They support the Personal, Social and Emotional Development Area of Learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage. 'Excellent for sharing and encouraging discussion...we can all learn from the approach taken in this series.' Parents in Touch
- Author BiographySue Graves has been a freelance children's author for more than 17 years. She has written over two hundred books for children from pre-school up to 15+ years. She writes fiction and non fiction, plays and poetry across the age ranges. Sue loves reading all sorts of books and is at her happiest when she has a book in her hand. She also loves painting in watercolours, playing tennis and badminton and going for long walks in the country with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Sue Graves
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBehaviour Matters
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour
- Weight126 g
- Width195 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Trevor Dunton
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.