All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides basic and applied kwledge about moamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), their classification, and clinical application as neuroprotective agents and will be a valuable source of new kwledge for doctors, patients, medical students, teachers, researchers, and basic biomedical scientists interested in learning the appropriate clinical application of MAOIs without any misunderstanding for the prevention and/or treatment of neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders. The book will be of immediate interest to patients suffering from Parkinson's disease (PD), Alzheimer's disease (AD), post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD), panic disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD), and major depression. Physicians interested in learning more about MAOIs and their molecular and pharmacological mechanism of action will highly benefit from the book's clinically-interesting contents. In general, this book will be a valuable source of kwledge for the basic researcher, clinically useful for the physician, and therapeutically-beneficial for the patients. The book can also serve as a guide for Masters and Ph.D students interested in conducting research on MAOIs. Particularly, MD doctors, students, and professors will find this book interesting to enhance their basic kwledge about MAOIs and their potential benefits and adverse effects for the better clinical management of drug-resistant PD, AD, and MDDs. Furthermore, recent kwledge regarding the molecular mechanism of MAOIs-mediated protection at the cellular, molecular, and genetic level is thought-provoking and motivates the young scientists to augment research on developing vel drugs with minimum or adverse effects. It is envisaged that future research on specific CB-targeted MAOIs will have superior pharmacogemics profiles, enhanced margin of safety, maximum therapeutic index, and minimum or adverse effects.'
- Author BiographySushil Sharma, is currently Professor of Pharmacology & Course Director at the Saint James School of Medicine, Bonaire (Dutch Caribbean). Before joining this school, he served as a scientist in the University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Department of Neurology, at Houston, TX, and as an Associate Professor and Director of the Cyclotron and PET Radiopharmaceutical laboratory of the Weil Cornell University affiliated Methodist Hospital, Houston. He also served as an Associated Professor and Director at the University of North Dakota, Center of Excellence in Neuroscience, Grand Forks in the Cyclotron and Positron Imaging Research Laboratory for more than five years and as an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacology, Physiology, and Therapeutics, Grand Forks, ND for 4 years. He was invited to deliver a lecture on the Dopaminergic neurotransmission in drug addiction in the executive office of the President, Washington DC on April 29, 2004. He received several advanced trainings on the synthesis and quality control of radiopharmaceuticals from Siemens Medical Solutions, Cardinal Health, Agilent Technologies, and General Electrics, USA and has >235 publications.
- Author(s)Sushil K. Sharma
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight960 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.