All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Thomas Wright (1809-84) pursued medical, anatomical and surgical studies, and from 1832 spent the rest of his life in Cheltenham, where he worked as a medical officer and as surgeon to the Cheltenham General Hospital and Dispensary. The fossils he collected from the Jurassic rocks of the neighbourhood led him to publish a series of works, including mographs on the British Jurassic and Cretaceous echiids (also reissued in this series). Reissued in two volumes, the present work originally appeared in eight parts between 1878 and 1886. Wright died before the final part was completed; this was accomplished from his tes by Thomas Wiltshire. As well as descriptions of fossils, there is a comprehensive stratigraphic section, an account of 'the structure and classification of the Cephalopoda', and a comprehensive 'analysis of the families and genera of the fossil Cephalopoda' by Wiltshire. The work contains nearly ninety exquisite lithographic plates.
- Author(s)Thomas Wright
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Monographs of the Palaeontographical Society
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note237 b/w illus.
- Weight1080 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.