All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is an urgent need at the heart of linguistic theorising to take account of bi- and multilingual perspectives. In the field of language planning, issues of bilingualism are often perceived through molingual filters and resolved by molingual responses. In this volume issues of molingualism, multilingualism and identity are addressed directly in detailed studies of Canada and Spain. John Edwards and Charlotte Hoffmann are both well-kwn authorities on bilingualism and problems associated with language in multilingual societies. In this book they provide state of the art articles on Spain and Canada. Their insights are useful in a period of evolution in both these countries. After each of the articles, which were presented in a seminar series, there is a transcript of the debate which followed. The invited audiences are all scholars working on the area or in allied fields.
- Author BiographySue Wright is a lecturer in the School of Language and European Studies at Aston University. Her research interests are multilingualism and language policy in Europe.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/1996
- Series TitleCurrent Issues in Language and Society Monographs
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight336 g
- Width168 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited bySue Wright
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.