All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThere is an urgent need at the heart of linguistic theorising to take account of bi- and multilingual perspectives. In the field of language planning, issues of bilingualism are often perceived through molingual filters and resolved by molingual responses. In this volume issues of molingualism, multilingualism and identity are addressed directly in detailed studies of Canada and Spain. John Edwards and Charlotte Hoffmann are both well-kwn authorities on bilingualism and problems associated with language in multilingual societies. In this book they provide state of the art articles on Spain and Canada. Their insights are useful in a period of evolution in both these countries. After each of the articles, which were presented in a seminar series, there is a transcript of the debate which followed. The invited audiences are all scholars working on the area or in allied fields.
- Author BiographySue Wright is a lecturer in the School of Language and European Studies at Aston University. Her research interests are multilingualism and language policy in Europe.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/1996
- Series TitleCurrent Issues in Language and Society Monographs
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight336 g
- Width168 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited bySue Wright
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.