All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by the experts and pioneers in the field, this is the first mograph to cover the topic, containing the must-have information hitherto only scattered among journals. Clearly divided into sections on preparation, characterization and modeling, and applications, this is essential reading for chemists, chromatographers, analytical chemists, biochemists and biologists.
- Author BiographyKlaus K. Unger studied chemistry at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, where he also received his PhD. From 1977 to 2001 he was a professor in chemistry at the Johannes-Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, before heading a research group in bioseparations at Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, for eight years. His research interests are the design and synthesis of porous materials as adsorbents and catalysts, surface functionalization and characterization, the development of liquid phase separation methods, and multidimensional liquid chromatography in proteomics. After studying chemistry at Kyoto University, Japan, Nobuo Tanaka carried out postdocs in the USA at Pennsylvania, Washington and Northeastern Universities, before returning to Kyoto at the Kyoto Institute of Technology (KIT). Since April 2009 he has been working for GL Sciences, Inc., while working part time for KIT as Professor Emeritus. He is the editor of a journal and on the editorial board of several others. Professor Tanaka's research interests include the development of chromatographic columns and stationary phases, particularly monolithic silica-based materials, as well as the separation of isotopes, isomers and environmental contaminants. Egidijus Machtejevas was born in Lithuania where he studied chemistry and biotechnology at Kaunas University of Technology. After gaining his PhD in analytical chemistry in 2001 he worked as a post-doc with Prof Unger at Mainz University. He joined the R&D Department at Merck KgaA in Darmstadt in 2008, where he is currently a product manager for chromatography. Egidijus Machtejevas has twenty scientific papers and six book chapters to his name, and his major research areas include multidimensional liquid chromatography, proteomics and the development of monolithic stationary phases for chromatography.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight842 g
- Width181 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEgidijus Machtejevas,Klaus K. Unger,Nobuo Tanaka
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.