All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginating with Andreas Floer in the 1980s, Floer homology has proved to be an effective tool in tackling many important problems in three- and four-dimensional geometry and topology. This 2007 book provides a comprehensive treatment of Floer homology, based on the Seiberg-Witten mopole equations. After first providing an overview of the results, the authors develop the analytic properties of the Seiberg-Witten equations, assuming only a basic grounding in differential geometry and analysis. The Floer groups of a general three-manifold are then defined and their properties studied in detail. Two final chapters are devoted to the calculation of Floer groups and to applications of the theory in topology. Suitable for beginning graduate students and researchers, this book provides a full discussion of a central part of the study of the topology of manifolds.
- Author BiographyPeter Kronheimer is William Caspar Graustein Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Harvard University. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society and has been awarded several distinguished prizes including the 2007 Oswald Veblen Prize. He is co-author, with S. K. Donaldson, of The Geometry of Four-Manifolds. His research interests are gauge theory, low-dimensional topology and geometry. Tomasz Mrowka is Professor of Mathematics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He holds the James and Marilyn Simons Professorship of Mathematics and is a Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He was a joint recipient (with Peter Kronheimer) of the 2007 Oswald Veblen Prize. His research interests are low-dimensional topology, partial differential equations and mathematical physics.
- Author(s)Peter Kronheimer,Tomasz Mrowka
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- Series TitleNew Mathematical Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus.
- Weight1160 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.