Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.90+ AU $8.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by delik8designs
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by sleepybearbooks
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMonsoon is a journey into the hearts and memories of those caught in a certain time in a particular place. Sandy Donaldson has been working for a volunteer organisation in Vietnam for the past four years. As her contract nears its end, she is reluctant to leave so she invites her oldest friend, Anna, to come for a holiday and discover Vietnam's beautiful tourist destinations. Both girls have unexplored links to the country. Sandy's father is a Vietnam vet and Anna's mother was a Vietnamese boat person. During their travels, they meet Tom, an old Australian journalist who covered the war and plans to report on the 40th anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan. It is Tom who tries to persuade Sandy's father to return to Long Tan and settle the ghosts that have haunted him for 40 years, and it is Tom who suggests that Anna should delve into her mother's past. But the girls are reluctant, swept up in their own concerns, relationships, and a business deal that has the potential to go horribly wrong. However, it is the near-blind Buddhist nun living alone in the pagoda atop one of the karsts in Halong Bay who might hold the key.
- Author BiographyDi Morrissey is one of Australia's most popular female novelists. Di's novels, The Valley, The Reef, Barra Creek, Kimberley Sun, The Bay, Blaze, Scatter the Stars, The Songmaster, When the Singing Stops, Tears of the Moon, The Last Mile Home, Follow the Morning Star, The Last Rose of Summer and Heart of the Dreaming, all went straight to the top of the bestseller list. She divides her time between Byron Bay and the Manning Valley in NSW.
- Author(s)Di Morrissey
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPan Australia
- Weight296 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.83
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.