All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brilliant school story explroing themes of bullying and getting along, by award-winning author and former Children's Laureate Jaqueline Wilson. Perfect for children learning to read. Mark is the class bully. He loves scaring everyone. But has he met his match with Kate and the Monster Eyeballs? The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 2 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for readers who are growing in confidence and are beginning to enjoy longer stories. It features: clear type; up to 8 lines per page; bright, appealing pictures for added interest; a variety of sentence structures; a wider range of vocabulary; and, strong themes and characters to discuss. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Orange.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Wilson is one of the world's most popular children's authors, with millions of book sales to her name. The Illustrated Mum was chosen as British Children's Book of the Year in 1999 and was winner of the Guardian Children's Fiction Award 2000. Jacqueline has won the prestigious Smarties Prize and the Children's Book Award for Double Act, which was also highly commended for the Carnegie Medal. In June 2002 Jacqueline was given an OBE for services to literacy in schools and in 2008 she was made a Dame. She is the creator of beloved series such as Hetty Feather and Tracy Beaker, which was adapted into a CBBC children's television series. Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Wilson
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder Level 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight115 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stephen Lewis
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.75Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $15.94Trending at AU $17.21
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $26.01Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.