All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnter an enchanted land of mythical creatures where manticores reign and ogres roar-a land of mystery and fright. A unique twist on traditional rhymes of everyone's youth, Monster Goose Nursery Rhymes presents a more sinister approach to these childhood classics, and yet the sing-song nature of the poems renders them playful and jovial at the same time. Little Witch Muffet is t frightened by a silly, little spider; she simply adds him to her stew! Rotten zombies, giants, dwarves, and goblins mingle with werewolves, centaurs, and fauns. Follow along the skeleton stepping stones, scale up a palisade, claw at the window of a tasty child and bake him into a pumpkin shell. Monsters cook up delicious elvish pie, too! Every kid who has an eensy weensy bit of sense wants a pet with feathers white as sw, who flies like an eagle and bleats like a goat-a hippogriff, of course! Six forest sprites with four times as many pixies escape from a loaf of bread atop the elaborate table of the fey queen; her feast has flown away! If you enjoy mischief and have a penchant for the morbidly hilarious, the Herzs' rhymes will satisfy your mythological curiosities. Larson's illustrations give new life to these ancient figures, and her artistic style employs the bold lines and colorful movement of an action-packed comic book. The author also includes a bestiary with information about the book's legendary creatures, which hail from Scotland, Germany, Italy, Persia, Haiti, and Scandinavia.
- Author(s)Harrison Herz,Henry Herz,Josh Herz
- PublisherPelican Publishing Company
- Date of Publication20/01/2015
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Abigail Larson
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.