All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.82Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionAn expert on the most popular trucks in the world, monster trucks, Tim Kane revisits the current stars of this family-friendly sport and explores how these racing machines have evolved in the past few years. The bodies of these beasts may have slimmed down, but the tires, springs, and shock absorbers have grown, allowing the trucks to soar over obstacles with more spectacular jumps and at much faster speeds. Monster Mega Trucks documents the acrobatic maneuvers and the breathtaking stunts of these oversized vehicles and the derring-do of the monster truck drivers. Readers will enjoy the photos of all the big crashes and how these trucks jump, fly, and weave, often on only one or two wheels, with 1,500-horsepower racing motors. In addition, Kane explores other real-life Transformers that can walk, fly, crawl, and swim. These are true shape-shifting creatures that travel by air, water, and land and perform important tasks, such as eating litter or sucking up oil after a spill.
- Author BiographyTim Kane is a reporter and a huge monster truck aficionado. He has worked as a newspaper reporter for more than 25 years, including more than 10 years for the Chicago Tribune. He is the author of Mega Monsters: The Biggest & Baddest Monster Trucks and Monsters on the Move.
- Author(s)Timothy Kane
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width211 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.