All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book explores the significance and dissemination of 'monstrous anatomies' in British and German culture by investigating how and why scientific and literary representations and descriptions of abrmal bodies were proposed in the late Enlightenment, during the Romantic and the Victorian Age. Since the investigations of late 18th-Century natural sciences, the fascination with monstrous anatomies has proved crucial to the study of human physiology and pathology. Featuring essays by a number of scholars focusing on a wide range of literary texts from the long nineteenth century and foregrounding the most important monstrous anatomies of the time, this book intends to offer a significant contribution to the study of the representations of the abrmal body in modern culture.
- Author BiographyRaul Calzoni is Associate Professor of German Studies at the University of Bergamo. Greta Perletti holds a PhD in Textual Analysis and Theory at the University of Bergamo.
- PublisherV&R unipress GmbH
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&R unipress GmbH
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGreta Perletti,Raul Calzoni
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.