All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Monstrous Regiment of Women , Sharon Jansen explores the case for and against female rule by examining the arguments made by theorists from Sir John Fortescue (1461) through Bishop Bossuet (1680) interweaving their arguments with references to the most well-kwn early modern queens. The 'story' of early modern European political history looks very different if, instead of focusing on kings and their sons, we see successive generations of powerful women and the shifting political alliances of the period from a very different, and revealing, perspective.
- Author BiographySHARON L. JANSEN is Professor of English at Pacific Lutheran University, USA.
- Author(s)Sharon L. Jansen
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication13/12/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleQueenship and Power
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight561 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.