Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs long as football is played, Joe Montana will be synymous with the heart-pounding rally. Seemingly impervious to the pressure of a scoreboard deficit, the quarterback kwn as Joe Cool brought a steadying calm to every huddle, especially when the situation seemed especially dire. His reputation for miracles began to take root at the University of Notre Dame. In the 1979 Cotton Bowl, he overcame the flu, hypothermia and a 22-point deficit to lead the Fighting Irish to a stunning victory over Houston. This narrative continued in the NFL, as he engineered 31 fourth-quarter comebacks, including victories kwn in professional football lore as The Catch and The Drive, forever casting his career in a heroic glow.In MONTANA, acclaimed author Keith Dunnavant sketches the definitive portrait of a man who repeatedly defied the odds, on and off the field.While leading the San Francisco 49ers to four Super Bowl championships over a nine-year period, establishing a new standard for passing efficiency, and twice earning the league's Most Valuable Player award, Montana became the signature quarterback of the 1980s and one of the greatest ever to play the game. Overcoming his own limitations, which caused him to be underrated coming out of Notre Dame, he quickly mastered Bill Walsh's West Coast Offense, and thereby, helped reinvent offensive football. But it was rarely easy. Like the rallies he so often produced, his life was filled with the sort of tension that made his journey seem routinely dramatic: The father who pushed him. The high school coach who challenged his commitment. The college coach who very nearly squandered him. The back surgery that almost ended his career. The younger athlete who tried to take his job.Rich an anecdotal detail, insight and context, MONTANA is a powerful story about a man who was defined by his intense competitiveness, and how this intangibly helped him become one of the ionic figures in football history.
- Author BiographyKeith Dunnavant is the author of several books, including The Missing Ring and definitive biographies of football icons Paul Bear Bryant and Bart Starr. The founder of four magazines and the director of the documentary film Three Days at Foster, Dunnavant was an award-winning writer and editor for The National, Adweek, Sport, and Atlanta. His expertise on football history has been featured on ESPN, CBS, HBO and Showtime. Dunnavant lives near Atlanta.
- Author(s)Keith Dunnavant
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.