All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year 1755 saw the rivalry between Britain and France in North America escalate into open warfare as both sides sought to overcome the other's forts and trading posts. Lord Loudoun and the Marquis de Montcalm were sent out to lead their forces and Montcalm was soon tasked with capturing the formidable Anglo-American post at Oswego. Montcalm's 3,000-strong force surrounded the forts at Oswego and soon forced the defenders to surrender - an outstanding French success. Featuring specially commissioned full colour artwork, expert analysis, and lively narrative, this engaging study casts light on a daring feat of arms at the height of the French and Indian War.
- Author BiographyRene Chartrand was born in Montreal and educated in Canada, the United States, and the Bahamas. A senior curator with Canada's National Historic Sites for nearly three decades, he is now a freelance writer and historical consultant. He has written numerous articles and books including over 30 Osprey titles. Peter Dennis was born in 1950. Inspired by contemporary magazines such as Look and Learn he studied illustration at Liverpool Art College. Peter has since contributed to hundreds of books, predominantly on historical subjects, including many Osprey titles.
- Author(s)Rene Chartrand
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleRaid
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note10 b/w; 35 col
- Weight261 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis,Mark Stacey
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.