All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped from the author's course at the Ecole Polytechnique, Monte-Carlo Methods and Stochastic Processes: From Linear to Non-Linear focuses on the simulation of stochastic processes in continuous time and their link with partial differential equations (PDEs). It covers linear and nlinear problems in biology, finance, geophysics, mechanics, chemistry, and other application areas. The text also thoroughly develops the problem of numerical integration and computation of expectation by the Monte-Carlo method. The book begins with a history of Monte-Carlo methods and an overview of three typical Monte-Carlo problems: numerical integration and computation of expectation, simulation of complex distributions, and stochastic optimization. The remainder of the text is organized in three parts of progressive difficulty. The first part presents basic tools for stochastic simulation and analysis of algorithm convergence. The second part describes Monte-Carlo methods for the simulation of stochastic differential equations. The final part discusses the simulation of n-linear dynamics.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Gobet is a professor of applied mathematics at Ecole Polytechnique. His research interests include algorithms of probabilistic type and stochastic approximations, financial mathematics, Malliavin calculus and stochastic analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, statistics for stochastic processes, and statistical learning.
- Author(s)Emmanuel Gobet
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.