All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Montes the Matador and Other Stories Yes! I'm better, and the doctor tells me I've escaped once more - as if I cared!... And all through the fever you came every day to see me, so my niece says, and brought me the cool drink that drove the heat away and gave me sleep. You thought, I suppose, like the doctor, that I'd escape you, too. Ha! ha! And that you'd never hear old Montes tell what he kws of bull-fighting and you don't... Or perhaps it was kindness; though, why you, a foreigner and a heretic, should be kind to me, God kws... The doctor says I've t got much more life in me, and you're going to leave Spain within the week - within the week, you said, didn't you?... Well, then, I don't mind telling you the story. Thirty years ago I wanted to tell it often eugh, but I knew one I could trust. After that fit passed, I said to myself I'd never tell it; but as you're going away, I'll tell it to you, if you swear by the Virgin you'll never tell it to any one, at least until I'm dead. You'll swear, will you? easily eugh! they all will; but as you're going away, it's much the same. Besides, you can do thing w; one can do anything; they never could have done anything. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Professor Frank Harris
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.