All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionMonumental Accusations considers World War I monuments in France from an entirely new and different angle. The monuments aux morts are longer uniquely seen as signs of homage to the one and one-quarter million French military casualties of the Great War, but as silent spokespersons conveying the anguish of a devastated nation, its resentment over the outcome of the hostilities, and its continued quest for elusive justice. Whoever has suffered as a result of war will identify with the historical and socio-ecomic texts written within the monuments aux morts.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Marilene Patten Henry received her doctoral degree from the University of Virginia. She currently lectures at George Mason University and at Germanna Community College. She has written extensively about World War I, which is the focus of her research interest.
- Author(s)Marilene Patten Henry
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFrancophone Cultures & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note9 fig.
- Weight530 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.