All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe medieval city of Edinburgh has long been a centre of architectural heritage and design, as well as being extremely proud of its sons and daughters. Monuments and civic statuaries are the oldest and most obvious form of public art, and Edinburgh has a long history of placing these to mark important events and special people. They tell us about the history of the city - like a museum collection, but on permanent display in the parks and streets. They enrich the appearance of an area and make a positive contribution to the city's cultural and community identity. Monumental Edinburgh reveals the events and people that have formed and shaped these monuments, and the traditions and stories they have left behind. Join author Jack Gillon as he takes the reader on a tour of the city, seen through the eyes of some of its most famous statues, and countless lesser-kwn monuments that often elude the tice of passers-by.
- Author BiographyJack Gillon is a long term resident of Edinburgh and has worked as a Town Planner involved in the conservation of the city's heritage of historic buildings for around thirty years and has an extensive knowledge of the city's history and architecture. He writes extensively on the historical heritage of Scotland and has had several books published by Amberley.
- Author(s)Jack Gillon,Paul McAulley
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.